|As a tourist or visitor you are almost certainly going to be reliant on using a hired kayak. There are numerous popular destinations where you are able to hire for anything from a few hours to a few days.
You can pick from
* Hiring independently for a quiet paddle in the area adjoined to the hire center
* Hiring and transporting the kayak to your kayaking destination.
* Deciding on guided kayak tours where they could transport kayaks for an organization, to your kayaking destination
I would claim that if you are performing a short kayak within the location of the hire centre you will find it best to accomplish guided kayak tours. Not merely does this ensure safety when kayaking in New Zealand with an individual who knows and understands local conditions, but this means you've everything you need provided within the package. Combined with kayak you will always require
* life jackets
* safety equipment e.g pumps
* Camping equipment if an over night kayaking tour
* Waterproof Dry bags for cameras, jewelery, spare clothing, food etc
Why Choose a Guided Kayaking Tour ?
New Zealand does have wonderful kayaking...but knowing about
* the tides
* ab muscles unpredictable New Zealand weather conditions
* local knowledge of problem areas such as for instance submerged rocks or logs, power stations on rivers, water currents, etc are invaluable
* Knowing where to find special scenic areas where birds might be nesting, native bush, lovely beaches, glowworm caves or historic sites all add to an even more rewarding experience.
* A guided kayak tour eliminates the hassles and concerns you could have, ensures you do not get "lost", and creates a more relaxed enjoyable experience for kayaking in New Zealand
* Safety - a kayaking tour in a group means there's always help at hand
Popular Tourist Destinations with Kayak Hire
You can come across kayak hire companies in lots of locations as you travel around New Zealand Listed are destinations where kayak hire is readily available. Some camping grounds could have a couple of lay on kayaks for hire, to just enjoy the area Best kayak cancun. For longer kayaks you actually require a sea kayak, or larger river kayak complete with rudder, skirt and space for storage of meals, dry clothing, cameras and other items.
* Bay of Islands - Paihia
* Auckland waterfront
* Rotorua - Hire from kayak shops or small kayaks for sale in camping grounds
* Taupo - several options
* Whanganui River ( 5 days) -a guided kayak tour
* Nelson/Marlborough - Abel Tasman National Park has kayak hire and guided or independent kayak tours, with several company choices
* Kaikoura - for seeing seals and marine life
* Guided Glacier kayaks at Mt Cook and the West Coast Glaciers
Plan some time to enjoy a kayak on your own New Zealand holiday. It is an excellent way of experiencing pristine areas only accessible by water and our diverse marine life. By choosing the right kayak experience for your abilities, time period and what you most wish to see... you will go house or apartment with another New Zealand adventure to remember.